Vintage Embroidered Pouch Bag No 45
An embroidered piece of art - each of our vintage, hand embroidered pouches are close to 150 years old. Kept pristine in wedding dowries for years, each one tells a story of a village, a culture, a time and a place (some say they can quite literally 'feel' the energy they hold)
Each pouch has been handpicked for its beauty, intricacy, embroidery and colour - this carefully curated collection is a result of years of collecting from villages across Rajasthan, Gujarat and West Bengal. Some of the pieces you see in this collection also originate from Afghanistan and Pakistan, true 'one off' antique collector pieces, an absolute privilege to own.
We have carefully breathed new life into these pouches by adding cotton stripe lining, and leather trim, modernising this piece as a convenient and multi use pouch for the modern day.
Each piece is ‘one of a kind’ a different size, and a piece to be cherished and handed down as an heirloom - A truly beautiful piece of history, up cycled and ready to be enjoyed by the modern person of today.
It's all in the details:
- One of a kind, you'll be the only one to own this magical piece
- Hand made and intricately hand stitched by tribal women from many years ago
- Hand embroidered patterns, some using old mirrors
- Cotton Stripe Lining to add strength and modernise the interior
- Leather Trim
- This one measures 50cm x 43cm
- Invisible magnetic snap closure to keep your things secure
- Light padding added to cushion your contents
- Vintage Item close to 150 years old
- Asymmetry, patches and random embroidery sections only add to the character and charm of each piece, we appreciate these ‘personality traits’ of each bag.
- So many uses - depending on the size, we love using our as a handbag, make-up bag, keepsakes, bag organiser, crystals, cherished photos, special memories, iPad, laptop, school/uni work, storage for paperwork, portfolio etc.
- Larger sizes are a stylish addition for storing random ‘paperwork’ or kids art.
- Hand Made in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan
- A rare piece of history to be treasured forever
We know you will be extremely happy with your Ovae purchase, however if for some reason you'd like to return it please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ovae gladly accepts refunds and exchanges within a 30-day period from the original purchase date under the following conditions.
Item(s) must be returned in their original condition and packaging: unworn, unwashed and with all tags attached.
Return shipping method and associated costs are the responsibility of the customer.
We recommend sending your return via a traceable method and retaining proof of postage until receiving confirmation that your return has been processed. Ovae is not responsible for returns that are not received.
Sale items cannot be refunded for change of mind.
Kindly visit our Terms and Conditions Page for more details on Returns.
O V A E - L E A T H E R C A R E G U I D E
When you purchase a wallet, clutch or leather bag from us, we want you be able to enjoy it for many years. As the years go by, your OVAE leather will mature alongside you. To ensure your leather stays beautiful and grows in character, we recommend the following care:
Before using your new Ovae leather, we recommend spraying it with a good quality leather protectant spray. Make sure you test a small patch on an inconspicuous place first. Follow instructions or apply two or three generous coats allowing them to dry in between applications. It's definitely not essential, however recommended especially for lighter items.
C L E A N I N G Y O U R L E A T H E R
- Spot clean with a damp (but not wet) cloth in a light shade to remove dirt and grime. Followed by a clean dry cloth to wipe away any remaining residue.
- For heavy soil, you may use a leather cleaning agent after you have removed the initial dirt, however proceed with care and always test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
- Keep your leather away from ink and sharp objects to avoid stains and scratches. If you unfortunately find your beloved leather in this situation, please seek professional advice from your local leather repair store or cobbler.
C O N D I T I O N I N G Y O U R L E A T H E R
- After you have cleaned your leather it is important to condition it to help repel any stains as well as hydrate the hide to help keep it in prime condition.
- If you find your leather looking 'dry' or getting scratched more easily, then it's a sign that your leather needs hydration. Remember, leather is a living and natural material. A good leather conditioner will help bring it back to its prime.
- Always use a reputable brand of leather conditioner and always test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
H O U S I N G Y O U R L E A T H E R
- Keep your leather items out of the sun and direct sunlight as prolonged exposure to sun or artificial light may alter the colour of the leather over time.
- Store your leather in a cool dry place.
- For best results, we prefer to hang our bags when not in use. We also recommend that you stuff your bag with scrunched up paper to help keep its original shape.
- Leather wipes can be used to gently and occasionally wipe over the surface of your leather item to keep it conditioned and dust free.