When you purchase a beautiful leather wallet, clutch or bag from us here at Ovae, we want you to be able to enjoy it for many years to come.
All our leather pieces are made with the highest quality top grain leather hides sourced from Italy, and Indonesia. The skilled and talented artisans who handcraft each piece take enormous pride in the execution and craftsmanship of every single item.
CLEANING YOUR LEATHER
- Spot clean with a damp (but not wet) cloth in a light shade to remove dirt and grime. We only use white coloured cloth to spot clean our leather items. Then use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any remaining residue.
- For heavy soil, you may use a leather cleaning agent after you have removed the initial dirt, however proceed with care and always test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
- Never apply a leather cleaner directly to your leather product, apply it to a cotton rag and then gently apply to the leather area in soft circular motions.
- Keep your leather away from ink, red wine and sharp objects to avoid stains and scratches. If you unfortunately find your beloved leather in this situation, you can always try an 'ink & stain remover stick' however proceed with caution and follow the directions carefully.
CONDITIONING YOUR LEATHER
- After you have cleaned your leather it is important to condition it to help repel any stains as well as hydrate the hide to help keep it in prime condition.
- Always use a reputable brand of leather conditioner and ALWAYS test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
HOUSING YOUR LEATHER
- Keep your leather items out of the sun and direct sunlight
- Store your leather in a cool dry place and inside the 'caravana dust bag' when not in use
- Leather wipes can be used to gently and occasionally wipe over the surface of your leather item to keep it conditioned and dust free.
All products made form natural leathers will age with time. Just like our own skin, natural leathers need moisturising and caring for if they're to be kept in prime condition for years to come. Even with excellent care, natural leather products will still age and a beautiful well looked after aged leather bag is just as beautiful, if not better, than a new one.
This ageing process is called the bags 'patina' and this effect gives the bag its own personality and character, each one unique, just like our skin.
As leather is a natural product, variation of colour and texture are unique characteristics of each hide of leather. Occasionally leathers will contain small pigments and blemishes, please be aware that these are naturally occurring characteristics of the hide and add to the journey and life of the piece.